Hoorah! ITV has recommissioned a fourth series of my show. It won’t be on for a while yet, but we’re about to start filming. My aim to start with is to get out there and meet people, hear their stories and questions before we even begin to do the set pieces. So we’re starting off with a roadshow and I’d love you to come.
You’re more than welcome to pop along and say hello to me, Saira or just see how we film it. It’s even better still if you’ve got a question, want to tell me how much you’ve saved, or want to join one of my cashmobs. First, though, the dates…
- Sheffield Roadshow: We’ll be based in the Meadowhall Shopping Centre on Monday 14 and Tuesday 15 July from 11am to 7pm.
- Manchester Roadshow: We’ll be in the Manchester Arndale on Thursday 17 and Friday 18 July from 11am to 7pm.
What you can take part in…
Do come along, even if you just want to spectate, the more the merrier but there’ll be lots going on. Though be prepared to be filmed, obviously.
- Ask a MoneySaving question: Anything, be it savings, credit cards, bills, broadband, digital TV, energy, flight delays, PPI, consumer rights, mortgages, deals – if I know about it, I’ll try to help (though it may be busy so be prepared to wait – and TV crews tend to slow things up).
- Tell us about a big saving you’ve made. I’d also love to see people who’ve made big savings from the info on the show, or from listening to or reading the MoneySaving techniques generally and who want to inspire others or tell their story.
- Join a cashmob: During the lunchtime and early evening you can join one of my cashmobs (a money flashmob) where I do a five-minute guide on a big MoneySaving subject, telling you how to beat the system.
You can just pop along, but if you want to tell us you’re coming in advance and what you want to talk about, then you should get to the front of the queue quicker, especially if you can only come for a short time. So please email email@example.com.
Special subjects we want to focus on…
There are a few areas we’re looking to major on in the series. If you want to talk about any of these, we’d love you to come along. With these it would be especially great if you emailed firstname.lastname@example.org in advance as we may want you to bring bills, etc, along.
- Household broadband, digital TV bills.
- Cutting overdraft or credit card costs.
- Flight delay reclaiming.
- Should you repay your mortgage?
- Childcare costs and vouchers.
- Should you get a joint account?
- Car hire abroad.
- Have you switched energy bills in the last few years?
Looking forward to seeing some of you there.