So to keep stats nuts happy here’s the latest stats and a shock ‘most popular page’
The Overall Stats: 1.13m visits
We SMASHED the old record, again it was on a Wednesday, the day of the email, but of course it was also the bank charges result day.
The exact stats are as follows (previous record in brackets). These are generated from our Google Analytics software which tracks every visit to the servers.
- 1,127,474 visits (1,003,476)– ie different trips to the site
- 896,660 unique visitors (811,122) – ie different people in the day
- 4,057,623 page views (3,339,547) page views – the number of different pages people look at
Since we launched the new look of the weekly email traffic has been huge each week which is I suspect why we’re cracking records all the time – but I think yesterday was special.
The Top Ten Most Viewed
Interestingly though, it wasn’t bank charges that came out top, it was champagne – maybe there’s a social comment on the state of the nation there (though in truth if you add the views on all the bank charges articles together then it came top).
The top ten were as follows – most came from the email as usual…
- Cheap Champagne – Moet £14 and Bollinger £18
- Beauty Freebies – M&S bath set
- Bank Charges Q&A – full what to do now guide (combined result of earlier & later version)
- Discount Vouchers – New voucher search system
- The e-mail itself – the onsite version
- Restaurant Vouchers – Pizza Express & La Tasca
- Bank Charges Result – news as it broke
- EuroDisney Deal – £70 for a family
- Travelodge Sale – 50,000 £9 rooms
- Freebies, Freebies, Freebies – usual compendium of freebies.